-

THM Sadaqa Group

Your Standard Salafi Curriculum Guide

Benefits

Forum Home > Quran/Tafsir > Students Begin Surah Nuh (71) on March 8, 2011

thmsadaqagroup
Administrator

*A reminder to students

Each Surah has history that will need to be recorded and memorized by you. Where was the surah revealed? What details explain the events that were taking place at the time it was revealed. Any special benefits that you gained while reading the tafsir.

Remember, it is not permissible to self-interpret the ayaat. So stay far away from that inshaAllah. Also, when quoting a hadith - DO NOT PARAPHRASE write it exactly as it is reported with the narrator or the source inshaAllah. May Allah protect all of us from falling into error aameen.

Your Assignment starting:

Tuesday, Raby` al-Thani 1432/March 8, 2011

Quran/Tafsir 8am - Surah (71) Nuh revealed in Makkah (ayaat 1-4)

Reading Assignment - Read Ayaat 1-4 in Arabic and in English

Writing Assignment - Write each ayaat in Arabic three to five times each according to your needs; and then write its English equivalent once.

Submit A Benefit - After Reading the Tafsir that provides the explanation of the ayaat selection. Write down your benefit. This could be what the information made you think about or reflect upon. It could be a specific ahaadith or portion of an ayat, (BUT I WARN you again no self interpretations about the ayaat!)

Sample of How to tilte my submission

Saddiqua MB بسم الله

Rabi Al Thani 1432 - Quran/Tafsir - Nuh

Benefit #1 - ayaat (1-4)

Alhamdulillaahi nahmaduhu wa nasta’eenahu wa nastaghfiruhu, wa na’oodhu billaahi min shuroori anfusinaa wa min sayi’aati a’maalinaa. Man yahdih Illaahu falaa mudilla lahu wa man yudlil falaa haadiya lahu. Wa ashhadu an laa ilaaha ill-Allaah wahdahu la sharika lahu wa ashhadu anna Muhammadan ‘abduhu wa rasooluhu sallalahu alayhi wa ala alihi wasallam amma ba’ad.

My benefit from the Tafsir of Ibn Kathir - we have learned that Surah Nuh was revealed in Mecca. The reading begins with a reminder that Allah never brings about a punishment upon a people until the reminders has been given to them. The prophet Nuh (alaihi sallam), was commanded to warn the people of the pending punishment and to tell them that if they repent, the punishment would be lifted and that they would be forgiven.  Allah subhanahu wa ta`ala, warns us to hasten towards obedience, before the vengeance comes. Additionally, we are told and reminded that keeping the family ties is upon an action of obedience that extends the life span. Barakallahu Feekum

May Allah bless me and you with understanding of the religion , aameen

Tafsir page 178 - 180; Surah Nuh: 1-4

February 27, 2011 at 6:33 AM Flag Quote & Reply

You must login to post.