-

THM Sadaqa Group

Your Standard Salafi Curriculum Guide

Benefits

Forum Home > A Short Biography of the Prophet (salla Allahu alaihi wa salaam) and His ten Companions > Summary of A Short Biography of the Prophet (salla Allahu alaihi wa salaam)

Laila Logan

Bismillahir Rahmanir Raheem

As Salaamu Alaykum wa Rahmatullahi wa Baraakatuhu

Rabi al-Awwal 12,1432/february 15,2011

Islamic History

The Short Biography of the Prophet (salla Allahu alaihi WA salaam) and His Ten Companions was written by Sheikh Maqdisi. From reading this book I’ve gotten a description of the Messenger of Allah (salla Allahu alaihi WA salaam) in detail. I learned about his lineage and characteristics, as well as his expeditions and umrah. I even got an almost full description of the Prophet’s (salla Allahu alaihi WA salaam) physical features. This book has helped me get an understanding of the Prophets (salla Allahu alaihi WA salaam) early life to some of his last days.

Even though some of the text in the book was a review, I’ve gained a lot of knowledge. I learned that the Prophet’s (salla Allahu alaihi WA salaam) mother, father, and grandfather died before he reached the age of 12. He was then raised by his uncle, Abu Talib, before he died. The Prophet (salla Allahu alaihi WA salaam) was forty (40) years old when he started receiving revelation. This lasted for 23 years before he died at the age of sixty-three (63) from an illness that lasted for twelve (12) days. The Messenger of Allah (salla Allahu alaihi WA salaam) had seven (7) children (three boys and four girls). He outlived all of them except one. He consummated his marriage with eleven (11) women and concluded the marriage contract with several others.

Other things I learned was that the Prophet (salla Allahu alaihi WA salaam) performed umrah four (4) times and travelled on more than three (3) expeditions. Something else I learned that I didn’t know was how many aunts and uncles the Prophet (salla Allahu alaihi WA salaam) had. The Messenger of Allah (salla Allahu alaihi WA salaam) had eleven (11) aunts and seven (7). The thing that had my best interest was the description of the Messenger’s physical features. He was a kind, pious, and good hearted man and there will never be another like him. Masha Allah, I enjoyed what I am going over in class so far and can’t wait to go over some more.

--
February 15, 2011 at 12:20 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Laila Logan

In the second paragraph I stated that the Prophet's (salla Allahu alaihi wa salaams) mother, father, and grandfather died before he reached the age of twelve. His grandfather passed away when He (salla allahu alaihi wa salaam) was just eight years old, and then his uncle raised him until he, his uncle, passed away.

--
February 15, 2011 at 12:43 PM Flag Quote & Reply

You must login to post.