-

THM Sadaqa Group

Your Standard Salafi Curriculum Guide

Benefits

Forum Home > A Short Biography of the Prophet (salla Allahu alaihi wa salaam) and His ten Companions > His Features

Saddiqua Muhammad Black bint Elijah
Site Owner

Walhamdulillah we were able to listen to an audio selection describing some of the features of the Messenger of Allah (salla Allahu alaihi wa salaam).

from the "Short Biography of the Prophet (sallaAllahu alaihi wa sallaam) and His ten Companions"

His Features explained by Shaykh Mohammad al-Malki (audio) 20 min. and contents from the book...

Anas bin Malik said: "Whenever Abu Bakr As-Saddiq saw the Prophet (salla Allahu alaihi wa sallaam) coming, he used to cite this poetic verse:

'The honest, the chosen, the one inviting to good has appeared; Glittering like the full moon light with a halo around it."

- like the moon on a dark night (Sh.Malki)

Abu Hurairah said: "Umar bin al-Khattab used to repeat the poetic verse of Zubair bin Abu Salma about Hirm bin Sinan:

'Had you come from anything but a human being, You would have been illuminating like the full moon." --

- like the moon in the middle of the month (Sh. Malki)

Umar used to say to his friends, 'Like this the Messenger of Allah (salla Allahu alaihi wa sallam) was, and none but him.

Ali bin Abu Talib said, "Between his shoulders was the seal of Prophethood, and he was the last of the prophets. He was the most generous of all people, had the widest chest among them and the most truthful in speech among them, the most honoring to his covenant, the most cordial in behavior among them, the most honoring to his companions. Whoever mixed with him, he would love him. I have not seen anyone like him before him or after him.

Al-Bara bin Azib said, Allah's Messenger (salla allahu alaihi sallaam) was of medium build, having wide shoulders with hair reaching to his earlobes. I saw some redness in his beard, and I have never seen anything as handsome as him."

Anas bin Malik said: "He was the most moderate of build among the people. He was not at all too tall nor too short, having a bright color not too white nor too red, his hair was not too curly nor too straight, but average hair.

next class continuing with: His Characteristics

January 31, 2011 at 5:21 AM Flag Quote & Reply

You must login to post.