-

THM Sadaqa Group

Your Standard Salafi Curriculum Guide

Benefits

Forum Home > Quran/Tafsir > Benefits from Surah Al-Inchiqâq, ayat 16 to 25

Noura

Bismillahir Rahmanir Rahim
Al hamdoulillahi was-salaatu was-salaamu 'alaa Muhammad wa 'alaa aalihi wa Sahbihi ajma'in.
Amma ba'd.

On August 15, 2015, I was asked to derive 2 benefits from ayat 16 to 25 of Surah Al-Inchiqâq. Here is what I learnt:

In our study of ''Ibn Kathir's Book of Tafsir'', it states in ayat 16 to 20 that Allah says:

(16. But no! I swear by Ash-Shafaq) (17. And the night and what it Wasaqa,) (18. And the moon when it Ittasaq.) (19. You shall certainly travel from stage to stage.)

1) I have learnt to understand better the intent of Allah when He swears by His creation in this Surah. It is as if Allah is inviting us to reflect upon those things which He created, subjected to stages before reaching their end such as the rising of the sun everyday followed by Ash-Shafaq in the late evening (said to mean ''the redness of the sky'' by Ibn 'Abbas, Mujahid and Al-Hasan'') ending with the darkness of the night and what it Wasaqa (''what it gathers'' as understood by Ibn 'Abbas, Mujahid, Al-Hasan and Qatadah) or the moon when it Ittasaq each month (when it comes together and becomes complete, full or when it completes it's cycle as said by Ibn 'Abbas, Al-Hasan and Qatadah in this order).

These ayat are reminding us that as a creation of Allah, we will go through life experiencing continuous changes in ourselves until we, like the rest of creation, will achieve the purpose of these stages on the Day of Reckoning with our good and evils deeds. Allah Subhanahu wa Ta 'alaa says in ayah 19:

''You shall certainly travel from stage to stage''. A good exemple of this is the wording of 'Ikrimah commenting on that statement in this way:

"Stage after stage. Weaned after he was breast feeding, and an old man after he was a young man.''

2) Also, I came to understand better the state of the disbeliever who knows with certainty that he is going to die just like he witnesses the end of any creation around him, but persists on denying anything beyond that. Thus, turning away from the Reminder of Allah (the Qur'an). Allah says in ayat 20 to 23:

(20. What is the matter with them, that they believe not) (21. And when the Qur'an is recited to them, they fall not prostrate.) (22. Nay, those who disbelieve deny.) (23. And Allah knows best what they gather,)

This includes the meeting with His Lord, the Reckoning of his good and evil deeds, and the good news of an everlasting Paradise and the warnings of the Hellfire. And so, in response to that unjustified and unfair denial, Allah says to His Messenger Muhammad (sallallahu 'alayhi wa sallam) to announce that which is indeed never ending with Allah, unlike the things in this dunya:

''So, announce to them a painful torment.'' (Al-Inchiqâq, ayah 24)

and also:

''But those who disbelieved and denied Our Ayat, they will be the dwellers of the Fire, to dwell therein forever. And worst indeed is that destination'' (At-Taghabun, ayah 10)

May Allah make us of those who submit themselves with humility and reverence to Him (aameen). May He make us of those who benefit from His reminder and are granted an easy reckoning on The Day of Judgement (aameen). I ask Allah to preserve us from ressembling the disbeliever in his arrogance and obstinacy and to grant us success in this life and the Hereafter (aameen)

-Noura Oum 'Îssâ-

September 17, 2015 at 6:44 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Amina

Noura at September 17, 2015 at 6:44 PM

Bismillahir Rahmanir Rahim
Al hamdoulillahi was-salaatu was-salaamu 'alaa Muhammad wa 'alaa aalihi wa Sahbihi ajma'in.
Amma ba'd.

On August 15, 2015, I was asked to derive 2 benefits from ayat 16 to 25 of Surah Al-Inchiqâq. Here is what I learnt:

In our study of ''Ibn Kathir's Book of Tafsir'', it states in ayat 16 to 20 that Allah says:

(16. But no! I swear by Ash-Shafaq) (17. And the night and what it Wasaqa,) (18. And the moon when it Ittasaq.) (19. You shall certainly travel from stage to stage.)

1) I have learnt to understand better the intent of Allah when He swears by His creation in this Surah. It is as if Allah is inviting us to reflect upon those things which He created, subjected to stages before reaching their end such as the rising of the sun everyday followed by Ash-Shafaq in the late evening (said to mean ''the redness of the sky'' by Ibn 'Abbas, Mujahid and Al-Hasan'') ending with the darkness of the night and what it Wasaqa (''what it gathers'' as understood by Ibn 'Abbas, Mujahid, Al-Hasan and Qatadah) or the moon when it Ittasaq each month (when it comes together and becomes complete, full or when it completes it's cycle as said by Ibn 'Abbas, Al-Hasan and Qatadah in this order).

These ayat are reminding us that as a creation of Allah, we will go through life experiencing continuous changes in ourselves until we, like the rest of creation, will achieve the purpose of these stages on the Day of Reckoning with our good and evils deeds. Allah Subhanahu wa Ta 'alaa says in ayah 19:

''You shall certainly travel from stage to stage''. A good exemple of this is the wording of 'Ikrimah commenting on that statement in this way:

"Stage after stage. Weaned after he was breast feeding, and an old man after he was a young man.''

2) Also, I came to understand better the state of the disbeliever who knows with certainty that he is going to die just like he witnesses the end of any creation around him, but persists on denying anything beyond that. Thus, turning away from the Reminder of Allah (the Qur'an). Allah says in ayat 20 to 23:

(20. What is the matter with them, that they believe not) (21. And when the Qur'an is recited to them, they fall not prostrate.) (22. Nay, those who disbelieve deny.) (23. And Allah knows best what they gather,)

This includes the meeting with His Lord, the Reckoning of his good and evil deeds, and the good news of an everlasting Paradise and the warnings of the Hellfire. And so, in response to that unjustified and unfair denial, Allah says to His Messenger Muhammad (sallallahu 'alayhi wa sallam) to announce that which is indeed never ending with Allah, unlike the things in this dunya:

''So, announce to them a painful torment.'' (Al-Inchiqâq, ayah 24)

and also:

''But those who disbelieved and denied Our Ayat, they will be the dwellers of the Fire, to dwell therein forever. And worst indeed is that destination'' (At-Taghabun, ayah 10)

May Allah make us of those who submit themselves with humility and reverence to Him (aameen). May He make us of those who benefit from His reminder and are granted an easy reckoning on The Day of Judgement (aameen). I ask Allah to preserve us from ressembling the disbeliever in his arrogance and obstinacy and to grant us success in this life and the Hereafter (aameen)

-Noura Oum 'Îssâ-

allahuma ameen

--

Do check out my website at: Muslimayoungladiesworld.wordpress.com and follow us. It is a salafi blog for muslima young ladies, to benefit firstly us and then you all inshallah. If there any girls who would like to participate in running the site, and benefiting others and have time then feel free to email me at [email protected]

September 19, 2015 at 1:16 PM Flag Quote & Reply

You must login to post.