-

THM Sadaqa Group

Your Standard Salafi Curriculum Guide

Benefits

Forum Home > Assignments and Homework > Some tajweed Rules found in Surah al-Fatihah

Saddiqua Muhammad Black bint Elijah
Site Owner

Bismillahir Rahmanir Rahim

Assalaamu Alaikum wa Rahmatullahi wa Barakaatuh

Notes from UmmOmar:

"Alhamdulillaah, here is a brief summary of what was covered in last Saturday’s class. We went through Aayaat 1-5 of Surah Al-Faatihah with the following tajweed tidbits:

The Laam in Lafthul-Jallaalah (the Divine Name - Allaah) is read Tafkheem (think full pronunciation) when the letter that is sounded before it is marked with a fathah or dhammah. It is read Tarqeeq (thin light pronunciation), when the letter that is sounded before it is marked with a kasrah. (the laam we are talking about is the second laam in “Allaah”)

An alif s read after the laam mentioned above however, it does not appear in writing. (It is pronounced (for two harakah) but not written.)

The laam in the definite article (AL) is not pronounced unless it has a sukoon on it. When the letter after it has a shaddah, then the laam is completely merged into the letter with the Shaddah. (examples: Ar-Rahmaan, Ar-Raheem, As-Siraat etc..)

The waaw and the yaa have thre different “jobs/roles” in the Arabic language:

When they have a vowel on them they are “mutahaarik” - consonant sound read with a vowel - “WA –WI – WU” and “YA - YI – YU”

When they are not vowelled and the letter before waaw takes a dhammah and the letter before yaa takes a Kasrah - then they are MADD letters (long vowels) “OO” and “EE” (Madd letters do not have the sukoon symbol written above them)

When they are not vowelled and the letter before either of the takes a fathah - then they are LEEN letters. “AW” and “AY”. (leen letters have the sukoon symbol written above them)

I think that was all we covered but if I forgot something inshaa’Allaah one of you sisters can remind me tomorrow. Also remember that those rules above apply in every verse from 1:1 to 114:6. Also - the signs I mentioned (having a sukoon, not having a sukoon ) are for MADEENAH MUSHAF font.

Inshaa’Allaah we will only take one rule tomorrow so that all the sisters can read their hifdh portions Inshaa’Allaah. Here are the assignments below. If you didn’t complete your assignment - do not worry, just give as much as you did and strive to complete it next time. Important thing is that we all keep moving forward no matter how big or little steps we take. Consistency is key! May Allaah give us all Success, ameen."

August 22, 2015 at 1:37 PM Flag Quote & Reply

You must login to post.