-

THM Sadaqa Group

Your Standard Salafi Curriculum Guide

Benefits

Forum Home > An Explanation of Important Lessons > Surah al-Fatihah compiled by Umm Mujaahid

Saddiqua Muhammad Black bint Elijah
Site Owner

Soorah al-Faatihah

سورة الفاتحة

بِسْمِ اللّهِ الرَّحْمَنِ الرَّحِيمِ (1)

الْحَمْدُ للّهِ رَبِّ الْعَالَمِينَ (2)

الرَّحْمنِ الرَّحِيمِ (3)

مالِكِ يَوْمِ الدِّينِ (4)

إِيَّاكَ نَعْبُدُ وإِيَّاكَ نَسْتَعِينُ (5)

اهدِنَا الصِّرَاطَ المُستَقِيمَ (6)

صِرَاطَ الَّذِينَ أَنعَمتَ عَلَيهِمْ غَيرِ المَغضُوبِ عَلَيهِمْ وَلاَ الضَّالِّينَ (7)

1. In the Name of Allaah, the Most Beneficient, the Most Merciful

2. All the praise is due to Allaah, the Lord of the ‘Aalameen

3. The Most Beneficent and the Most Merciful

4. The only Owner (and the Only Ruling Judge) of the Day of Recompense (i.e. The Day of Resurrection)

5. You (alone) we worship and You (alone) we ask for help (for each and everything)

6. Guide us to the straight path

7. The way of those on whom You have bestowed Your grace, not (the way) of those who earned Your anger nor of those who went astray.

The Names of this Soorah

The Opening Chapter (Faatihatul-Kitaab)

The Mother of the Book (Ummul-Kitaab)

The Mother of the Qur’aan (Ummul-Qur’aan)

The Seven Oft-Recited and the Magnificent Qur’aan (As-Sab’ul Mathani wal-Qur’aanul-‘Atheem)

The Praise (Al-Hamd), because it begins with the mention of praise.

The Prayer (As-Salaah), because the Prophet (Sallallaahu ‘Alayhi wa Sallam) mentioned that Allaah Almighty said:

“I have divided the Salaah into two halves, between Me and My servant.”

(Reported by Muslim)

The Cure (Ash-Shifa)

The Incantation (Ar-Ruqyah)

The Protection (Al-Waqiyah)

The Virtues of Soorah al-Faatihah

Soorah al-Faatihah is the greatest Soorah of the Qur’aan. The Prophet (Sallallaahu ‘Alayhi wa Sallam) said to Aboo Sa’eed bin al-Mu’alla:

I will teach you the greatest Soorah of the Qur’aan before you leave the Masjid. He then said to him:

الْحَمْدُ للّهِ رَبِّ الْعَالَمِينَ

All praise is for Allaah, Lord of all that exists

In the story of the scorpion sting , it implies that it is a sufficient cure, and that it may be used for Ruqyah.

To recite this chapter is one of the pillars of prayer: for both the Imaam and the one who prays alone; therefore one’s prayer is incomplete without it. As for the one who prays behind the Imaam, reciting it is obligatory. Aboo Hurayrah narrated that the Prophet (Sallallaahu ‘Alayhi wa Sallam) said:

Whoever performs Salaah, without reciting Ummul-Qur’aan in it, then it is insufficient (he said it three times), it is not complete.

(Recorded by Muslim)

Footnote:

In Saheeh al-Bukhaari it is narrated by Ibn 'Abbaas: Some of the companions of the Prophet passed by some people staying at a place where there was water and one of those people had been stung by a scorpion. A man from those staying near the water, came and said to the companions of the Prophet, "Is there anyone among you who can do Ruqyah as near the water there is a person who has been stung by a scorpion." So one of the Prophet's companions went to him and recited Soorah al-Faatihah for a sheep as his fees. The patient got cured and the man brought the sheep to his companions who disliked that and said, ”You have taken wages for reciting Allaah's Book." When they arrived at Medina, they said, ' O Allaah's Apostle! (This person) has taken wages for reciting Allaah's Book" On that Allaah's Apostle said, "You are most entitled to take wages for doing a Ruqyah with Allaah's Book."

compiled by Umm Mujaahid

May 29, 2014 at 2:41 PM Flag Quote & Reply

You must login to post.