|Posted on February 16, 2018 at 1:45 PM|
Bismillahir Rahmanir Raheem
Assalaamu Alaikum wa Rahmatullahi wa Barakaatuh
Jumadal-Awwal 1439/February 17, 2018
K5 Courses for the Muslimah
Every Saturday at 11 a.m.
Class 2: Abu Bakr as-Siddiq (radiAllahu anhu)
The audio : lecture 1 on the biography of Abu Bakr (radiAllahu anhu) given last week by Abu Muhammad (hafidhullah). Discuss your notes and share them by posting them to the benefits section on www.thmsadaqagroup.com
The First Caliph of Islam: Lesson 2
Previously we learned that Abu Bakr As-Siddiq was the first of those who accepted the religion of Islam. We also learned that he was the first of the caliphate. We learned that he had a high
standard of character that until this day most of us will never match it. He was of those who
surrendered for Allah his possessions for Islam and for the Messenger (sallaAllahu alaihi wa sallaam).
What do you remember from last weeks reading? Briefly tell us what you found to be interesting from before. Did you learn anything new from the reading? What do you think will happen now for Abu Bakr (radiAllahu anhu) as we continue to read?
Students are encouraged to read the text for Book 1; Lesson 2; pgs. 14 - 19. If you have any
questions regarding the text you are advised to use available sources to you and parental
assistance, you may of course ask the instructor also.
Please provide detailed answers for the following questions to the best of your ability InshaA'Allah.
1. Explain the time period of Abu Bakr’s Birth and how it relates to the birth of the Prophet
(sallaAllahu alaihi wa sallam). How are their backgrounds similar?
2. What is the name that Abu Bakr (radiAllahu anhu) was called before the Prophet (salla allahu alaihi wasallam) named him Abdullah?
3. Draw a comparison chart that describes the nature of The Prophet (salla allahu alaihi
wa sallam) and Abu Bakr As-Siddiq's character.
4. How has the Prophet (salla allahu alaihi wa sallam) described Abu Bakr’s acceptance of Islam compared to others in the hadeeth mentioned?
5. Acceptance of Islam satisfied what demands for Abu Bakr?
6. Where was Abu Bakr when the call of Islam was proclaimed?
7. Name a hardship that befell Abu Bakr at the hands of the Quraish?
8. Describe in your own words what the words “material gains” might mean and provide an insightful advice regarding it to a friend.
Categories: Islamic Studies Class B
The words you entered did not match the given text. Please try again.
Oops, you forgot something.